125g butter, softened
125g light brown soft sugar
100g caster sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 vanilla pod
225g self-raising flour
½ tsp salt
100g Chocolate buttons
100g White Chocolate buttons
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4.
2. Cream butter and sugars, once creamed, combine in the egg and seeds from the vanilla pod.
3. Sift in the flour and salt, then the chocolate chips.
4. Roll into walnut size balls, for a more homemade look, or roll into a long, thick sausage shape and slice to make neater looking cookies.
5. Place on ungreased baking paper. Cook for around 7-8 minutes.
6. Leave to rest for 2 minutes then transfer to a wire rack.